5 Swag Bag Items Worth Running For
Participants in the the TCS New York City Marathon run for the prestige of saying they were good enough to qualify and finish. For them, the medal is enough reward and recognition. Other runners require a little more motivation: a swag bag. Check out these five races with enviable swag worth running for:
- Enjoy a Ladies’ Night Out Hit up happy hour or squeeze in a workout? Thanks to Gildan
Esprit de She, you can do both! These 5K and 10K social fitness events treat finishers to
post-race drinks at the bubbly bar, tasty tapas, and a chance to browse a curated, local market.
- Go Chocolate Crazy Satisfy your sweet tooth with the
Hershey Half Marathon. In addition to the usual race shirt and medal, finishers get a bag full of goodies and two tickets to Hersheypark In The Dark, the Halloween-themed event that includes trick-or-treating and other spooktacular entertainment.
- Blue Box Bragging Rights Every year the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in San Francisco has thousands of women seeing blue—Tiffany’s blue. Firefighters in tuxedos wait at the finish line to hand out custom-made Tiffany & Co. necklaces. Holly Golightly wouldn’t run, but she would definitely approve.
- Call of the Wild Grab your friends and hit the Ragnar Trail Relay course! The 2015 reward for finishing this scenic trifecta is a rugged Multi-Tool Medal that pretty much doubles as a Swiss Army Knife. There’s also a virtual goodie bag ‘filled’ with e-coupons and promotions from sponsors.
- Will Run for Wine Raise your glass and toast surviving the breathtaking (but challenging) 100-mile jaunt through Alberta’s Rocky Mountains at the Sinister 7 Ultra. Finishers receive a customized Cabernet-Merlot bottle with bib number, name, and finishing time printed on the label. Salud!
What’s the best race swag you’ve ever received? Tell us in the comments!
Photo Credit: MissFitzNYC