The 5 Largest Fall Races to Try
Fall racing season has begun, so we’re taking a look at the five largest races in the U.S. worth putting on your running bucket list:
- TCS New York City Marathon New York City, NY This is where runners come to make their mark; to say you’ve finished this marathon is a badge of honor. From only
55 finishers in 1970, today, it is one of the world’s biggest and most popular marathons with over 50,000 finishers in 2014
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon Chicago, IL As one of the six World Marathon Majors, this is one of the fastest growing road races in the world. Many personal and world records have been set thanks to its mostly fast and flat course through 29 neighborhoods in downtown Chicago. In 2014, there were close to 41,000 finishers.
- Army Ten-Miler Washington, D.C. Organized by the Military District of Washington (MDW), the ATM is the second largest ten-mile race in the U.S. Last year over 26,000 finishers were treated to picturesque scenery past historic landmarks, and all race proceeds benefit Soldier MWR programs.
- Hot Chocolate 15K/5K Chicago, IL Coined ‘America’s Sweetest Race,’ it’s also becoming one of the fastest growing races in the U.S. Forget running for records, for the finishers (almost 26,000 in 2014) it’s all about receiving a post-race mug filled with hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, and tasty treats!
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Las Vegas, NV This race brings together the concept of marathon running and music to create a weekend festival experience that’s worth the hype. Last year, Grammy-winning duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performed at the starting line, while some 25,000 finishers enjoyed a live DJ performance at the end.
Ready to organize a marathon or other running event that will make it on someone's bucket list? Start planning your next event on Events.com.