Why it Pays to Use Mobile Email Marketing
If you’re an email marketer still wondering if mobile is the way to go, crunch these numbers:
- According to Statista.com, in 2016, the number of smartphone users in the United States is estimated to surpass 200 million.
- Currently, there are over 300 million people in the U.S.
- Mobile revenue is up almost 10 percent year-over-year (YoY), with smartphones driving nearly 60 percent of all mobile revenue.
- Consumers are making larger email-driven purchases.
- Consumers are opening emails and engaging on mobile devices with mobile clicks accounting for almost 50 percent of all email clicks in Q3.
Yesmail suggests the following content tips to help get the most out your mobile emails in 2016:
- Customize: Deliver relevant content that speaks to your target audience’s interests and purchase history. Also pay attention to how often they asked to receive emails. Ignoring a customer’s preferences is the quickest way to get them to disengage with your brand and message.
- Payment = Painless: Implement technology that eliminates the time-consuming step of consumers entering their credit card info at checkout by integrating with their preferred payment methods.
- Brick-and Mortar Bonus: Offer location-based email deals such as an exclusive email offering a one-time deal, redeemable at a nearby store to encourage traffic to your physical locations and increase conversion.
- Be Responsive: This goes without saying, but your emails should be optimized for mobile devices (Seriously). The bottom line is if consumers have difficulty navigating or reading your email/website, they will not complete their transaction and find another company that wants their business. Tell us in the comments if you’ve had success with mobile email marketing.
Mobile email marketing can be a key aspect to the success of your event. Another key aspect to a successful event is setting up your event on Events.com. Start creating your event today.